I’m a software engineer with a strong passion for programming languages and distributed computing.
- Scala / Java / Python / C# / ECMAScript
- GIT / SVN
- SBT / Maven
- Sherpa: A serialization toolkit for Scala with macro-oriented case classes mapping.
- Sandra: An Apache Cassandra toolkit for the Scala programming language (WIP).
- Sindi: An IoC (Inversion of Control) container for the Scala programming language.
- sbt-fmpp: FreeMarker Scala/Java Templating Plugin for XSBT.
- Dvorhack: A custom keyboard layout based on Dvorak optimized for hacking.
- spring-batch-gridgain: GridGain integration for Spring Batch
- spring-security-ntlm: NTLM integration for Spring Security
- Shapeless: An exploration of generic/polytypic programming in Scala
- ElasticSearch: A distributed, RESTful, open source search server based on Apache Lucene
- Restlet: A lightweight, comprehensive, open source REST framework for the Java platform
alois.cochard |AT| gmail.com / +44 7935 257 080 / skype: alois.cochard
You can find me on IRC using the freenode network: #scala
Design and implemntation of a web service for a community oriented review system
- Migrating data from graph database to NoSQL storage (Neo4j, Cassandra)
- Design and implementation of a web service to query/command data model (Play! Framework, RabbitMQ)
2011 - 2012
Design and implementation of a mutualized electronic commerce platform
- Implementation of miscellaneous features inside backend (Cassandra, Lift)
2008 - 2011
Philip Morris International - R&D
Design and implementation of a semantic search engine and text analytics framework
- Design and implementation of the search engine (Lucene, NoSQL)
- Design and implementation of the distributed batch processing framework (Spring Batch, GridGain)
- Implementation of miscellaneous features for the text analytics framework
- Prototyping of distributed database/cache architectures (Hadoop, Terracotta, Coherence)
2004 - 2008
Business Software SA
- Design and implementation of an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system
- Design and implementation of an ECM (Electronic Content Managment) system
2000 - 2004
- CFC Computer Engineer